Catalyst, a modern American restaurant located in Kendall Square, is searching for a line cook to join their BOH team. The prep cook reports directly to the Executive Sous Chef and collaborates with all departments and team members as needed. The right candidate must have a passion for food, positive attitude, have a willingness to learn and be challenged. He/she is expected to maintain Catalyst service standards and health and safety practices.
Catalyst Restaurant is dedicated to creating a positive and enthusiastic work environment that cultivates creativity and hard work.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle stressful situations
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
- Forward thinking: Ability to plan ahead and prepare for the following day if time permits
- Passionate about the hospitality industry and service
- Understand excellent service and the culture of hospitality
- Ability to develop positive relationships with colleagues
- Treats guests and all team members with respect and professionalism
- Upholding the Catalyst vision statement and standards
- Cultivating a positive work environment
- Food safety training considered a bonus
- Setup and replenishes food items and other necessary supplies
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sauteing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of each shift
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs
- Paid PTO for Full-time Employees
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Catalyst is Closed for the Following Holidays (unless a private event is booked): New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
If you are interested in joining the Catalyst team, please send a cover letter and resume to the email address provided below.