Catalyst is seeking a Pastry Assistant!
Full time M-F 5am – 1pm This position plays a primary role in the execution of daily production for the cafe and restaurant.
Displays a solid knowledge of production and finishing techniques of all baking and pastry products. The applicant must be able to execute daily tasks efficiently and accurately with little supervision.
Produce various pastry and baked goods consistently with little supervision, while maintaining quality standards
- Maintain clean and sanitary work environment and station on a daily basis
- Maintain standards of good personal hygiene and proper uniform guidelines
- Project positive, self motivated & professional attitude at all times
- Exhibits solid knowledge, understanding and application of all fundamental techniques of pastry and baked goods
- Maintain a high standard of food quality with demonstrated efficiency in the utilization of products to control food product
- Ability to communicate effectively as a team player with supervisors, employees & customers
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment
- Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation
- Be able to assist in controlling inventories, requisitions, and par levels for proper ordering
- Assist Pastry Chef in developing and writing new menu ideas and recipes with seasonality and interest
- Performs other job related duties as required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Degree or Certificate in Baking and Pastry Arts; 2 years related work experience may be substituted for education.
- Superior baking and pastry skills and knowledge
- Proficient pastry skills including: icing, glazing and piping, torting/building of cakes and frames, individual dessert production & basic and advanced baking techniques
- Able to follow recipes or chef’s directions without supervision
- Demonstrate advanced ability in all food cookery techniques
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and possess a full tool kit
- Working knowledge of weights and measures, as well as basic math applications
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Utilize interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Ability to work organized alone or within a team environment
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to handle a fast paced, and at times, an extremely stressful environment
To apply, send resumes to the email address below!