Catalyst, a modern American cuisine restaurant located in Kendall Square, is looking for a Bar Manager to join their FOH team. The Bar Manager reports directly to the Restaurant Manager/Sommelier and collaborates with all departments and team members as needed. The right candidate must have a passion for creating crafted cocktails and extensive crafted beer knowledge. He/she is expected to deliver excellent service while maintaining Catalyst service standards and health and safety practices.
Catalyst Restaurant is dedicated to creating a positive and enthusiastic work environment that cultivates creativity and hard work.
- Uphold the Catalyst vision statement and standards
- Understands excellent service and the culture of hospitality
- Guide a team in order to execute a high level of service at the bar
- Lead by example, be proactive, positive and continue to cultivate the company culture
- Treats guests and all team members with respect and professionalism
- Passionate about food, beverage, service and hospitality
- Possesses excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Oversee the beverage program, inventories and cost controls
- Schedule weekly beverage training for the staff (including field trips to suppliers)
- Manage beverages for the restaurant and ensure all required/requested beverages acquired in time for private events
- Weekly and Monthly inventory for the wine program and bar (monthly inventory completed on the last day of the month for month end reporting)
- Paid PTO for Full-time Employees
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Catalyst is Closed for the Following Holidays (unless a private event is booked): New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
If you are interested in joining the Catalyst team, please send a cover letter and resume to the address provided below.