Capo is looking for a pastry assistant to join their team. This position provides a well-rounded pastry experience. The pastry assistant will be required to multitask between different daily and weekly responsibilities. The pastry department provides the restaurant with many different dessert needs upon request. This includes, but is not limited to a gelato cart, weekly brunch pastries, weekly cake orders, event functions including off site set up, production, and clean up, and lastly inventory, stocking and formulating the seasonal dessert menu for the restaurant. It is a high volume, fast paced restaurant that demands daily inventory to keep up with the restaurant focus on serving fresh, high quality food, while keeping up with current industry trends.
- Aid in prep and production of daily dessert menu items.
- Aid in prep and production of weekly brunch items.
- Aid in prep and production of gelato cart menu items.
- Aid in prep and production of weekly cake and event orders.
- Help create, prep, and produce weekly dessert, brunch, and gelato specials.
- Manage time effectively.
- Maintain a clean work space, and aid in keeping pastry department organized.
- Previous foodservice experience.
- Previous pastry experience, desired.
- Basic understanding of HACCP standards and procedures.
- Candidate should have a strong desire to learn, good work ethic, and positive attitude.
- Ability to work with a team of people.
- Candidate should have the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to operate basic kitchen equipment.
- Ability to read, follow and produce written recipes.
- Candidate should have flexible schedule availability, including weekends.