Barbara Lynch Gruppo, founded by Chef Barbara Lynch, is an acclaimed collection of seven unique and memorable culinary experiences in Boston’s Fort Point, South End, and Beacon Hill neighborhoods. All Barbara Lynch Gruppo entities are united by their core belief in the employee above all; by providing weekly education on topics ranging from wine and products, to emotional intelligence, to hospitality techniques, they are able to provide each guest, through their employees, with an experience that goes beyond the culinary alone. Their emphasis on development of the individual has led to a history of long-tenured staff and allowed for them to serve as one of Boston’s most well-respected cultural communities.
Chef Barbara Lynch’s award-winning neighborhood wine bar and butcher shop is seeking a Sous Chef to serve as head butcher and charcutier to oversee their retail program, as well as all meat fabrication and charcuterie production for lunch and dinner service. Experience and technical ability with butchery and charcuterie is required. The Sous Chef is responsible for upholding the integrity, standards, and quality of products, techniques, and methods used on TBS’ menus. This position will require you to make thoughtful decisions to solve day to day problems.
- Training cooks and butchers to properly carry out tasks within their job descriptions and beyond
- Leading butchery and charcuterie hands-on classes and demos. This includes curriculum development as well as processing class bookings, scheduling demonstrations for students, and at times traveling to off-site demo/classes
- Building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with TBS’ community of vendors, farmers and suppliers
- Ensuring that overall pricing, cost, and value structure of menus and kitchen operations allow for profitability to sustain growth
- Ensuring the freshness of all menu offerings through vigilant rotation, assessment and utilization
- Managing, leading and inspiring the kitchen team consisting of butchers, am/pm line cooks, prep cooks and dishwashers
- Requiring cleanliness and neatness for work areas and employees
- Implementing food preparation systems that maximize efficiencies in the restaurant
- Utilizing existing recipes and methods to ensure consistency of execution
Intellectual, personality and motivational skills required:
- Demonstrate an exceedingly strong work ethic
- Able to appreciate the people you work with
- Have respect for the reasons why you work a certain way
- Like the work that you do
- Like to be challenged to solve problems
- Are creative and inspire creativity in others
- Display an intense passion for all facets of food culture
This is a full time position offering benefits such as health insurance, dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and paid time off. Weekend and evening availability is required. For consideration, submit your resume and cover letter to Chef de Cuisine Ben Weisberger at the email address below.