Burro Bar South End is currently accepting applications for a Service Manager to join its dedicated FOH Management Team.
Burro Bar, the little sister of The Painted Burro in Davis Square, is a bustling, down-to-earth restaurant and bar serving unique contemporary Mexican fare. In South End, Burro Bar offers elevated service in a fun and eclectic atmosphere. With 50 seats in the dining room, another 34 in the lounge area, a 25-seat bar and an outdoor patio, the restaurant offers a variety of dining options. In addition to delicious, thirst-quenching margaritas, the cocktail menu features creative drinks that are seasonally influenced, all of which use the freshest ingredients. The beverage program includes an extensive agave spirits list with 100+ tequilas & mezcals, as well as a carefully selected wine and beer list. Their dinner menu, created by Chef-Owner Joseph Cassinelli, features a myriad of Mexican-inspired small plates and tacos.
The Service Manager will work closely with the General Manager with regard to a variety of responsibilities including product training, employee development, and hands on involvement with the day-to-day operation of the restaurant. Since they are less than a year old, this role will play a major part in continuing to establish their approach toward hospitality, adapting, creating and developing systems, and hiring and training all staff members.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualities:
- An unwavering dedication towards developing a restaurant culture rooted in hospitality, education and employee development
- The ability to lead and inspire a team as a mentor to develop each team members’ strengths while coaching him/her on areas for further improvement
- The skill and creativity to develop effective and informative training materials to educate the staff on their products
- A robust understanding of tequila, beer and wine, but also eagerness to learn more
- The ability to train and motivate a staff of approximately 25 FOH employees
- A desire to challenge oneself and explore new and creative ways to provide a greater level of service to guests
- A flexibility in schedule; understanding of restaurant industry hours and weekends
- An analytical approach towards day to day responsibilities ranging from ordering, receiving, scheduling, and general restaurant planning
- A contagious passion for the hospitality industry that reflects the values of their company’s service model
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a successful restaurant group as it continues to expand. Candidates can expect a competitive salary, medical insurance, paid vacation and a work environment that is professional, dynamic, exciting and focused on professional growth.
Please forward cover letter and the email below. All candidates will be reviewed with confidentiality.