Burro Bar, the little sister of The Painted Burro in Davis Square, is a bustling, down-to-earth restaurant and bar serving unique contemporary Mexican fare. In Washington Square, Burro Bar offers elevated service in a fun and eclectic atmosphere. With up to 50 seats in the dining room, a 12-seat bar and an outdoor patio, the restaurant offers a variety of dining options. In addition to delicious, thirst-quenching margaritas, the cocktail menu features creative drinks that are seasonally influenced, all of which use the freshest ingredients. The beverage program includes an extensive agave spirits list with several mezcals, a comprehensive collection of tequila, as well as a carefully selected wine and beer list. Their dinner menu, created by Chef-Owner Joseph Cassinelli, features a myriad of Mexican-inspired small plates and tacos.
The Assistant Manager will work closely with the General Manager with regard to a variety of responsibilities including employee development, beverage management, product training, event planning and hands on involvement with the day-to-day operation of the restaurant. This is a position that will primarily focus on hiring, training and continuing education of employees. Since they are just over a year old, this role will play a major part in continuing to establish their approach toward hospitality, adapting, creating and developing systems, and hiring and training all staff members.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualities:
- An unwavering dedication towards developing a restaurant culture rooted in hospitality, education and employee development
- The ability to lead and inspire a team as a mentor to develop each team members’ strengths while coaching him/her on areas for further improvement
- The skill and creativity to develop effective and informative training materials to educate the staff on their products
- A robust understanding of tequila, beer and wine, but also eagerness to learn more
- The ability to train and motivate a staff of approximately 20 FOH employees
- A desire to challenge oneself and explore new and creative ways to provide a greater level of service to guests
- A flexibility in schedule; understanding of restaurant industry hours and weekends
- An analytical approach towards day to day responsibilities ranging from ordering, receiving, scheduling, and general restaurant planning
- A contagious passion for the hospitality industry that reflects the values of their company’s service model
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a successful restaurant group as it continues to expand. Candidates can expect a competitive salary, medical insurance, paid vacation and a work environment that is professional, dynamic, exciting and focused on professional growth.
Please forward cover letter and resume to the email below. All candidates will be reviewed with confidentiality.