With two locations in Boston: Brookline and South End, their goal at Burro Bar is to create food and cocktails inspired by the eclectic Mexican culture in using traditional ingredients and preparations, all served in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. In addition to a chef-driven menu that changes daily, Burro Bar offers over 100 tequilas, 40 Mezcals, a creative cocktail menu and a curated beer list.
As they continue to grow as a company, with a new location on the horizon, they are currently seeking a qualified Assistant General Manager for their South End location.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualities:
- an unwavering dedication towards developing a restaurant culture rooted in hospitality, education and employee development
- ability to lead and inspire a team of dedicated service professionals
- ability to develop effective and informative training materials to educate the staff on their products
- mentor the front of the house team to develop its strengths while coaching them on areas for further improvement
- possess a robust understanding of Tequila, Mezcal and beer
- ability to hire, train and motivate a staff of approximately 20 employees
- desire to challenge oneself and explore new and creative ways to provide a greater level of service to guests
- an analytical approach towards day to day responsibilities ranging from ordering, receiving, scheduling, and general restaurant planning
- a passion for Mexican food and culture, and an even greater passion to share that knowledge with his/her staff
This position encompasses all aspects of the day-to-day operation of a busy and energetic restaurant and bar. An area of focus for this manager will be the beverage program which includes over 140 agave based spirits, a carefully selected beer list and a creative cocktail program.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a successful restaurant group. Candidates can expect a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and a work environment that is professional, dynamic, exciting and focused on professional growth.
Please forward cover letter and resume. All candidates will be reviewed with confidentiality.