Brothers Marketplace is coming to Cambridge this Fall, and with it, incredible career opportunities with best-in-class benefits including: health coverage, commuter benefits, 401k, PTO, and more.
Blanch, braise, roast, render, and poach! We’re all about delicious food made with quality ingredients. From entrees to side dishes and salads, our Prepared Foods Department is a one-stop solution for our on-the-go customers. Share your passion for food and exacting execution in our neighborhood market, which promises customers delicious eats “prepared how you would make it if you had the time”. Our Prepared Foods Manager is in charge of a top-notch kitchen and delicatessen. They are the jack-of-all-trades for everything food and can lead a team to success.
Position Summary: To effectively plan, organize, lead, coordinate and optimize the materials and human resources in the kitchen department to provide variety and high-quality merchandise appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the kitchen department while maintaining great customer service.
- Must be 18 years of age with High School diploma or equivalent;
- Successful experience in the kitchen operation (i.e., merchandising, ordering, inventory, and pricing).
- Complete training in the kitchen operation.
- 3-5 years of professional cooking experience in the food industry.
- Ability to display initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Must be Servsafe certified.
- Computer skills in e-mail retrieving and sending; basic word document skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
Primary and Essential Job Functions:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Provide an open door atmosphere conducive to high associate morale and excellent customer service. Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by managing in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong kitchen team.
- Promote the company image as a service-oriented operation where every associate will greet, assist, render efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and business-like manner.
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to conduct and facilitate department meetings.
- Ensure all new department associates receive proper review and training regarding job descriptions, goals and objectives.
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment in administering discipline to promote high associate morale.
- Responsible for inventory, security and expense control of the department.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, and thus compliance with all state and federal laws applicable to our industry (i.e., scheduling/labor laws, dress code, sanitation regulations, etc.).
- Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Guarantee the best-trained kitchen team in the industry. Train and develop associates in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Individual and department completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering department.
- Order, receive, unload and store deliveries; store, price, date, rotate, and stock product and prepare product for display and sale.
- Keep all kitchen products in display cases, coolers and freezers rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Effectively control proper storage limiting shrink and damaged goods.
- Achieve and maintain department’s merchandising goals and standards in cooperation with store manager and department merchandisers and buyers (such as gross profit, presentation, etc.).
- Planning work schedules and breaks; achieve payroll consistently by scheduling within budget.
- Ensure all wage and hour policies and regulations are adhered to, maintain accurate records, and respond timely to all location mail, reports, and records.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperature to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Offer product samples, answer product questions, and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product.
- Prepare special orders that are requested by customers
- Helping minimizing all department expenses without compromising department conditions or customer service level (i.e., payroll, supplies, insurance cost).
- Delegate and use initiative, ingenuity and good judgment to act on opportunities and solve problems.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, thus compliance with all state and federal laws applicable to our industry (i.e., labor/scheduling laws, dress code, sanitation regulations, etc.).
- Guarantee outstanding product quality and presentation through cooperation with store manager, merchandisers, and buyers.
- Ensure that company standards of safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are achieved.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Ensure sales and work area are swept clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting, moving product, and using equipment.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Verify price checks for customers as needed.
- Ensure all product labels, signs and prices are aligned with product.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized markdowns or property defacement.
- Other duties as assigned by management.