Brothers Marketplace is coming to Cambridge this Fall, and with it, incredible career opportunities with best-in-class benefits including: health coverage, commuter benefits, 401k, PTO, and more.
From hearty sandwiches and scratch baked scones to a bountiful spread of fruit, cheese, and charcuterie to a holiday buffet of glazed turkey and classic lasagna, Brothers Marketplace promises our customers full-service catering “prepared how you would make it, if you had the time.” Be it an office lunch or a family festivity, our Catering Manager makes memories happen with great food and delightful service.
Position Summary: The Catering Manager will facilitate effective communication between all departments in order to provide the best catering experience for the customer. This person will have pleasant phone manners, and be sales motivated. The Manager will effectively lead the Catering Department by training all Catering Clerks/Drivers about job operations, product knowledge, sales skills, and providing the best customer service in the industry.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Complete training in catering operations.
- Must be a leader and a teacher; able to develop associates to their fullest potential; build an effective team and able to accomplish various goals through others.
- Demonstrate capability to interact with customers, vendors and associates.
- Must demonstrate basic computer knowledge and possess the ability to use and understand mobile device software / hardware / applications, with a willingness to learn.
- Must have pleasant phone manners, and be sales motivated.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the business needs of the store location.
- Must be well groomed, customer orientated, and capable of interacting with customers.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
- Subject to a background/driving record check, substance testing, and must possess a valid driver’s license for current state of residence if driving a company vehicle is required for the store.
- Appointment to this position may result in Store Transfer
Primary and Essential Job Functions:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Greet, assist and thank all customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associated to build a strong catering team.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Go out of your way to satisfy any request for assistance; phone sales and in store sales, sales follow up, thank you cards, and phone calls.
- Order coordination at store level for customer pick up.
- Communicate to customers about delivery schedule changes in a timely fashion and email all customer invoices daily.
- Handle various sales and service functions at the catering desk.
- Computer order entry and processing.
- Making Department Schedule/ meeting payroll budgets
- Delivery scheduling and delivery driver coordination.
- Coordination of outsourced vendors (service/equipment rentals).
- Maintain daily equipment log with scheduled recovery.
- Review Catering Vehicle Inspection Log weekly.
- Review daily orders for proper pricing. Use Delivery Log to review $0.00 priced items.
- Review unpaid orders/Q Buster reports to ensure all orders are paid.
- Generate Next Day Order Report daily with department managers.
- Work order coordination for department managers.
- Ensure company standards of safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation, temperature logs and productivity are achieved.
- Ordering all supplies for catering.
- Communicate to Store Manager any customer issues or concerns.
- Required to assist other stores when needed.
- Be safety conscious and correct any unsafe conditions you observe.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance including proper uniform.
- Keep sales and work area swept clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using equipment.