Brothers Marketplace is coming to Cambridge this Fall, and with it, incredible career opportunities with best-in-class benefits including: health coverage, commuter benefits, 401k, PTO, and more.
Bake, batter, rise, roll, and powder! Our Bakery Department offers fresh-baked breads and rolls, decorated cakes, and a wide assortment of cookies and pastries both made in-house and from our bakery partners that are sure to tempt anyone’s palate. We are looking for a Bakery Manager to inspire the team with creative ideas and run a fast-paced department!
Position Summary: The Bakery Manager will effectively plan, direct and lead all activities and tasks of the bakery department and the bakery associates to achieve merchandising, sales and customer service goals established for the department. Demonstrate a passion for baking and confections with a creative and skillful attention to detail and willingness to educate bakery associates while offering exceptional customer service. This job requires full knowledge and compliance of heath department regulations, weights and measures requirements. Ensure proper product handling to control cost (e.g. shrink and waste). Provide leadership, support and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety and sanitation guidelines and customer service expectations are met and maintained.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Successful experience in the bakery operation (i.e., merchandising, ordering, inventorying, and pricing).
- Be knowledgeable and familiar with the nature and duties of every position in the bakery department including procedures, policies and operations.
- Complete training in the bakery operation.
- Ability to use and interpret data on company programs and applications relating to the Deli Operations (such as Category Analyzer and Periscope).
- Ability to display initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Must be Servsafe certified.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a scheduled based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
Primary and Essential Job Functions:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Provide an open door atmosphere conducive to high associate morale and excellent customer service. Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by managing in a style that is Respectful,
- Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong bakery team.
- Promote the company image as a service-oriented operation where every associate will greet, assist, render efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner.
- Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Offer product samples, answer product questions, offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection, and prepare special orders as requested by customers (i.e. special occasion cakes, party platters, etc.).
- Ensure the department achieves the standards of performance as outlined in the work and merchandising plan.
- Ensure all department associates receive proper review and training of job descriptions, goals and objectives.
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment in administering discipline to promote high associate morale.
- Responsible for inventory, security and expense control of the department.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Responsible for individual successful completion and department associate’s completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklists within 30 days of hire/entering the department.
- Order, receive, and unload truck; store, price, date, rotate and stock product and prepare product for display and sale.
- Keep all bakery ingredients or merchandise rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always makes use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Ensure all wage and hour policies and regulations are adhered to, and plan work schedules and breaks; achieve payroll consistently by scheduling within budget.
- Effectively control proper storage limiting shrink and damaged goods.
- Achieve and maintain department’s merchandising goals and standards in cooperation with store manager and department merchandiser and buyers (such as gross profit, presentation, etc.).
- Proof dough products, bake breads, cookies and other bakery products, and bake and prepare bakery products according to company guidelines.
- Respond timely to all location mail, reports and records.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Ensure sales and work area are clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using equipment.