Brookhaven at Lexington, a prestigious, private retirement community in Lexington MA is currently seeking a full-time Sous Chef. This is a full time 40 hour per week exempt salaried position. The emphasis at Brookhaven at Lexington is on scratch cooking using only the highest quality and freshest ingredients. They offer an excellent work life balance with no late nights.
The Chef would direct production efforts of Dining Services Department in accordance with current laws and regulations and Brookhaven’s goals and objectives. Responsible for maintaining high standards in the development, production and presentation of all menu items required for meals and special events, including: maintaining cost efficiency, training and coaching employees, and facilitating change within Production function. Develop and maintain Production policies, procedures and tasks to ensure services meet or exceed Resident’s needs and expectations. Collaborate with Dining Services leadership to ensure an all-encompassing positive dining experience for Brookhaven resident and guests.
Schedule: 40 hours/week
- Uphold high quality menu options that meet and exceed resident expectations.
- Maintain commitment to excellence in carrying out production responsibilities.
- Function as backup to Chef as required.
- In conjunction with the Chef and Production Manager, review menu cycles and check supplies needed for all meals and special events.
- Execution of daily food tracking worksheets properly and accurately.
- Daily organization of walk in coolers and daily reviewing of labels with dates.
- Oversee kitchen cleanliness and proper organization and storage of all food products in refrigerators and freezers.
- Work with Production Manager in supervising, receiving all goods and their proper storage.
- Oversee daily and weekly cleaning duties.
- Act as Expo as needed or in Chef’s absence.
- Act as Opening or Closing Kitchen Manager
- Oversee production and produce as needed on menu items, utilizing portion control and quality presentation for dinner meal.
- Oversee production of stocks, sauces, meat, vegetables, and all menu products.
- Prepare baked goods and items needed for special events.
- Ensure that all pulls, prep work, and products are lined up for upcoming production.
- Make recommendations of use of leftover food to minimize waste
- Oversee all functions and preparation of food for functions.
- Train new production personnel in various positions.
- Must be available to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Practice hygienic food handling, preparation and serving techniques.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years management experience in fine dining.
- A minimum of five years of hands-on experience in fine dining.
- ServSafe certified or equivalent
- Choke Save Certified or equivalent
- Allergen Awareness Training completed or equivalent
Brookhaven offers its employees competitive wages, subsidized medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off and participation in retirement plan.