$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!! Brookhaven at Lexington, a prestigious, private retirement community in Lexington MA is currently seeking a First Cook. This is a full time 40 hour per week position and the ideal candidate will have extensive experience in high end restaurants, hotels and or private clubs. The emphasis at Brookhaven at Lexington is on scratch cooking using only the highest quality and freshest ingredients.
They offer an excellent work life balance with flexible scheduling and no late nights (weekend shifts are required). There are also opportunities for $2,000.00 scholarships and some tuition reimbursement.
Sign on bonus available – $2,000 total! $1,000 paid after 3 months, additional $1,000 paid after 6 months
- Uphold high quality menu options that meet and exceed resident expectations.
- Maintain commitment to excellence in carrying out production responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the Chef and Production Manager, review menu cycles and check supplies needed for all meals and special events.
- Oversee production. Produce menu items according to recipe. Ensure consistent portion size, appropriate degree of doneness, quality/flavor, food temperature and presentation.
- Prepare baked goods and items needed for special events.
- Work with Sous Chef, Chef, Production Manager in supervising, receiving all goods and their proper storage.
- Practice hygienic food-handling, preparation and serving techniques.
- Supervise and maintain care of equipment using preventative maintenance techniques.
- Ensure that all prep work and products are lined up for upcoming production.
- Must be available to work all shifts.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area at all times using proper food handling and storage procedures.
- Oversee second cooks and dishwashers to ensure team is working together.
- Organize coolers daily ensuring all items are wrapped, labeled and dated.
- May act as lead cook in bistro preparing meals to order in a timely fashion.
- Complete food tracking worksheets when necessary.
- Three years’ experience in fine dining setting
- Culinary Arts Degree desired
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Detailed working knowledge of food service equipment
Brookhaven offers its employees competitive wages, subsidized medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off and participation in retirement plan.
Apply online via the link below.