Join the team of one of greater Boston’s most celebrated craft cocktail bars as Beverage Director/Lead Bartender. Brick & Mortar is a family-run, independent, award-winning neighborhood establishment that has been part of the Central Square community for 10 years. This is a tremendous opportunity to help relaunch a nationally recognized bar after their year-long hiatus and work together with ownership to further develop and nurture their spirits program. If love turntables, seventies soul and eighties pop on vinyl, old classic cocktail books, high quality spirits and throwing amazing parties then they are the spot for you.
Candidates would possess the following requirements:
• 3+ years of bar specific experience
• Strong communication, project management, and interpersonal skills
• Well spoken, courteous and professional to their guests and fellow employees alike
• An unwavering dedication towards developing a restaurant culture rooted in hospitality, education and employee development
• Desire to mentor the front of the house team to develop their strengths while coaching them on areas for further improvement and communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
• Comprehensive food, beverage and spirits knowledge
• Exceptional service and floor skills
• Self-motivated individuals who can think and adapt quickly. Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and move with a sense of urgency
• Strong POS and computer knowledge
Education and Certification:
• Tips or 21+ Training
• Crowd Manager
Management will work with you to gain or re-certify these steps if you aren’t currently compliant.
• Vacation: 7 days of paid vacation based on salary in the first year. After each year, employees are eligible to accrue an additional 4 days a year, per year of service, based on yearly employee performance review. Employee reviews will be held within 30 days of employee hire date each year. Vacation day accruals will cap at 15 days per year.
• Health Insurance: Brick & Mortar currently offers Allways HMO health insurance policy paying half of the monthly individual premium. After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on or before your 90th day of employment. After year one of employment they will cover up to 100% of the individual monthly premium based on employee review held 30 days before hire date.
• Educational Opportunities: Bar managers are encouraged and supported in participating in spirits educational programs, conferences, competitions and symposium. Past bar directors have been funded by brands to travel both nationally and internationally to make connections with distillers, winemakers, growers, and fellow industry professionals.
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 5 to 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Performance Review & Salary Negotiation Schedule:
The timing corresponds to the start date of the individual and fits with yearly activities. All management employees will have performance reviews to:
• Assess progress
• Clarify and prioritize expectations
• Lay out areas for improvement and set goals
• Encourage professional development and growth
IAMB, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is their policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. They do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Commitment: One year commitment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Negotiated based on experience. Will include tipped compensation for behind the bar service as well as salary for management responsibilities.
Apply via the email address below.