Experience for yourself the pride, camaraderie, and sense of fulfillment that come from being part of the winning team at White Elephant Resorts.
The White Elephant’s restaurant, the Brant Point Grill offers some of the finest dining to be found on Nantucket. Guests can indulge in exceptional seafood, steak and choice selections from an award-winning wine cellar.
In addition to superlative lunch and dinners, the Brant Point Grill boasts a sumptuous breakfast and Sunday brunch.
White Elephant Resorts is now accepting applications for the year-round position of Executive Chef at the Brant Point Grill to oversee the overall Food operation.
*This position requires relocation to Nantucket.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for menu planning, provisioning, food preparation, and galley sanitation. The position demands the utmost in creativity on a daily basis, and the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards.
Requirements include a minimum of 3 years as Executive Chef in a high quality hotel restaurant, a culinary degree is preferred.
Other important aspects of this position include the ability to:
- Maintain approved food costs and labor costs.
- Establish the day’s priorities and assign production and prep task to staff to execute
- Review daily specials and offer feedback to Sous Chefs
- Review Banquet Event Order sheets and make note of any changes; post function sheets for the next 7 days
- Meet with Sous Chef to review schedules, assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Lead a large team of Culinary professionals
- Be a hands on chef, willing to work in any and all areas of the kitchen
Applicants should also work well under pressure, possess excellent communication skills, be organized, flexible and self-motivated. Experience with computers and Microsoft Office essential.
White Elephant Resorts is a premier employer with spectacular benefits and compensation, including a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(K) plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Care
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Dining/Retail/Hotel discounts
Rated by The Boston Globe as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts, White Elephant Resorts is a collection of premier properties which includes White Elephant Nantucket, White Elephant Palm Beach, The Wauwinet, Jared Coffin House, The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin and Nantucket Boat Basin.
Apply via the email address below.