Immediate openings for the both AM and PM Line Cook Positions
Who they are: Bostonia Public House is an elegant renewal of a classic meeting place that celebrates the history, traditions and people of Boston. Their restaurant includes an exposed kitchen serving ‘refined-rustic’ New England cuisine featuring bars on two floors, private event space, seasonal outdoor patio and soft seating for quiet intimate dining.
If you are well disciplined, excellent at multi-tasking and love to work the line then they are looking for you.
- Ensure your station is properly set up for each shift with all the necessary mis en place.
- Make sure you label and date all mise en place
- Prepare dishes to order according to restaurant specifications and set plate guidelines
- Maintain a clean and organized station at all times
- Assist all co-workers whenever needed
- Show a mastery of the assigned station ensuring all dishes are prepared to perfection
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare several dishes at the same time while ensuring each dish is properly seasoned
- Last but not least you must love food and learning all you can about it.
Qualifications and Experience
- Culinary Degree Preferred but not required
- All candidates should have a minimum of 2-4 years experience in a scratch kitchen.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to do a shift stage.
- Saturday and Sunday availability required
- Uniforms provided and laundered
- Daily employee meals
- 1 week vacation after 1 year of employment
- Health Insurance
- Quarterly Bonus
- Work is performed in the kitchen area with exposure to heat, cold, fumes and steam.
- Shift work hours; regularly includes weekends, holidays and may require overtime.
- Physical Requirements include frequently standing/walking for extended periods of time, grasping/pushing/pulling to operate all necessary equipment, and lifting objects up to 50 pounds without assistance, and bending/reaching/twisting/stooping.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please submit your professional resume, references and salary requirements to the email address below.