Bostonia Public House is looking for a dynamic Executive Chef with a passion for hospitality. S/He is responsible for all Heart of House operations. The Executive Chef works collaboratively with the General Manager and reports to upper management and ownership.
About the Role:
- Oversee all kitchen operations including ordering and equipment maintenance
- Manage entire kitchen staff (30+ team members) – responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and coaching.
- Responsible for all food preparation and quality, from prep through service for lunch, brunch, dinner and private events
- Create new recipes, design overall menu, including plating/presentation, menu descriptions and pricing
- Maintain targeted cost percentages in food and HOH labor.
- Track, record, and maintain inventory stock including foods and kitchen supplies
- Abide by all city and state food safety and sanitation laws
Knowledge and Abilities
- Effective and clear communicator – Spanish speaking a plus
- Ability to teach and coach staff in all manners of culinary technique and in using all kitchen equipment
- Vast knowledge in culinary arts, including any new up and coming food trends – expert skills in planning, designing, and preparing menus, meals and private events
- Expert problem solver who thrives under pressure
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite – 7shifts and Aloha experience a plus
- Must be able to work primarily in the kitchen area, interacting with staff on a regular basis.
- Must be able to regularly work 50-55hrs/week including weekends, nights & holidays.
- Position requires prolonged standing and lifting items up to 50 pounds.
- Culinary Arts degree and/or other culinary certification
- ServSafe/Allergen Awareness certification
- 5+ years experience in a head chef or managerial kitchen position
- Proven leadership and culinary creativity
About The Team:
Bostonia Public House is an elegant renewal of a classic meeting place that celebrates the history, traditions and people of Boston. The restaurant includes an exposed kitchen serving ‘refined-rustic’ cuisine, bars on two floors (including an impressive 110 ft. walnut bar), event spaces and private rooms with soft seating.
The food & beverage offerings are intended to be approachable and stylish. Imaginative and locally-inspired menus, diverse wine by the glass offerings, and elegant live entertainment combine to promote a vibrant social scene.
They are proud to have kept their doors open most of 2020 and throughout 2021 and they have made it stronger than ever. They are a team of dedicated hospitality professionals that operate with a can-do attitude, committed to giving guests experiences that make them want to return time and time again.
Benefits include: competitive pay, parking, quarterly bonus, health insurance, uniforms, and paid time off.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
This company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.