From activations at local food events to contributing to the marketing of a nation wide food event series, the Event Intern will gain experience and develop skills related to full-cycle event planning and execution. The candidate must be able to work independently in a range of activities that require superior research skills, attention to detail and effective communication.
Here’s what we do
Tasty Creative and BostonChefs.com supports the growth and development of the restaurant industry by fostering connections between industry professionals, diners and brands through a shared passion of food and drink.
Here’s what you’ll do
Maintain the Lamb Jam Tour Facebook and event pages by scheduling content as designated by the Event Director
Research and select Instagram content, utilize social copywriting to create captions, and post directly or schedule through Sprout
- Practice social media community management and listening tactics to help grow the Lamb Jam Tour social audience by engaging with hashtags, users and locations
- Research in multiple markets: venues, entertainment, media partners and event participants (chefs, beverage vendors, etc)
- Influencer research and outreach for promotional purposes
- Data entry and management of vendor inventory
- Offline promotion: mailings, ordering promotional materials
Here’s what you’ll get out of it:
- Experience with full-cycle event planning from concept to execution
- A portfolio of social media campaigns and individual social copywriting examples
- Experience with key marketing software like Sprout Social
Here’s what we need:
We are looking for a candidate with prior social media marketing experience. The candidate must be able to dedicate a minimum of 15-20 hours per week to the position. Work will be conducted at our office (875 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02139) during standard office hours (Monday through Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm) beginning January 2019. We are asking for at least a 15-week commitment and are happy to offer class credit, where applicable. This is an unpaid position.
Please submit resume to the email address below!