A member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts LEGEND Collection, Boston’s only Forbes Five-Star waterfront hotel welcomes guests arriving by land or sea. Located on the historic Rowes Wharf Harbor, the Boston Harbor Hotel’s inviting ambiance and unparalleled service provide the ideal home away from home for travelers. Luxurious accommodations with sweeping views of Boston’s cityscape or breathtaking waterfront, a contemporary spa and fitness center, world-class dining and a 34-slip marina make the Boston Harbor Hotel a destination Beyond compare.
They are seeking a skilled, committed and passionate culinary professional for the position of Seasonal Cook at the Boston Harbor Hotel. This position will be responsible for the preparation of stations, production of food, execution of menu items and pristine plate presentation that surpasses guest expectations. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to become part of a team always pushing one another to raise the bar. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of relevant experience, with hot line experience required.
This is a full-time seasonal role, candidates must have flexible night and weekend availability to fulfill this role.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably specializing in Culinary Arts, and or related major or equivalent experience is required.
- Must have at least one (1) or more years of related Culinary experience, with experience in Hospitality preferred. Hot line experience required.
The primary responsibilities for the Cook include but are not limited to:
- Completes daily prep responsibilities and sets line for service.
- Prepare all hot food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check.
- Ensure consistency of product for the guest.
- Check the quality of the food as it arrives in the kitchen and informs the Sous Chef of damage product. Properly labels, dates, storage of all food.
- Maintains work area in a safe and sanitary manner, and reports safety issues.
- Maintains high standards of food preparation in a timely fashion while performing multi tasks.
- Works closely with standard recipes and presentations in order to meet required food costs and obtain uniform quality. Maintains product consistency, seasoning of food, and plate presentation.
- Continuously looks for ways to increase productivity.
- Handles food and rotates it according to established procedures, including cooking and cooling
- Utilizes proper and safe knife skills.
- Order food requisitions with collaboration of Sous Chef according to business.
- Respects and accommodates the food server’s request regarding guest’s personality, preference, and requests.
- Maintains a full line of communication with supervisors.
- Performs any other tasks as assigned by Sous Chef and assists in any area needed.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Require good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.