Boston Harbor Hotel is seeking a passionate hospitality professional; strengths in service, thorough knowledge of wine, food and beverage and the guest experience, for the position of Bartender at the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille/Harbor Walk Terrace at the Boston Harbor Hotel. This position is responsible for, all aspects of Bartending, providing knowledgeable, prompt and courteous service at the bar, as well as to the Servers. The Bartender will provide guests with detailed wine, beer and cocktail descriptions and anticipate their needs. This role will have the ability to make specialty cocktails, and add inspiration to new menus.
This is a full-time seasonal role, candidates must have flexible night and weekend availability to fulfill this role.
Must have at least (1) or more years of experience in a similar role, with a combination of previous Food & Beverage experience in a Luxury environment preferred.
TIPS Certification preferred.
The primary responsibilities for the Bartender include but are not limited to:
- Assist with greeting guests, creating a good first impression for the guest experience.
- Completion of all opening and closing side work.
- Full knowledge and descriptions of all wines, liquors and beers in the restaurant, and be able to effectively make recommendations.
- Ability to make specialty cocktails, and add inspiration to new menus.
- Service of cocktails, wine and champagne in accordance with safe alcohol service standards.
- Serve guests of the bar area efficiently, and with complete knowledge of food and beverage menus.
- Receive Server orders, issue wines, mix drinks and keep proper control points.
- Meet and exceed all guest requests and expectations with a professional attitude.
- Ensure the bar is kept clean and in good order throughout the evening.
- Adhering to the proper cash handling procedure including tip reporting, due backs, and bank.
- Provide the highest service standards possible to all guests.
- Complete all closing procedures.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Requires a thorough knowledge of wine, beer and specialty cocktails, as well as luxury core standards.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Must maintain an organized and pristine work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.