The Boston Harbor Hotel is hiring!
Must have at least two (2) or more years of progressive Hospitality experience, with previous experience in a Luxury Environment preferred. One (1) or more years of previous experience in a Supervisory role is preferred.
The primary responsibilities for the Stewarding Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and supervise the day-to-day operation of the Stewarding Department.
- Responsible for guiding the team in the performance of their jobs in accordance to Hotel policies and procedures.
- Handles and wash all glassware, silver, china, pots and pans, and cooking utensils utilized by the Banquet and Culinary staff.
- Handle and polish all copper chaffers and serving utensils, to include coffee pots, tea pots, trays, goose necks and water pitchers.
- Store all items in a neat and organized way, while also ensuring all items are in assigned areas and readily available for the team.
- Empty and clean all garbage cans, and ensure proper disposal of all cardboard utilized by the Culinary staff.
- Clean all floors throughout the Culinary department, and the mats used in these areas.
- Properly dispose of all broken glassware and dishes.
- Ensure required hot boxes are clean, plugged in and stocked with the appropriate number of plates and covered for upcoming events.
- Ensure all Safety stations are properly stocked at all times.
- Attend all meetings in absence of Executive Steward.
- All other duties as assigned by Executive Steward.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities and supportive functions, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Ability to effectively lead and work cohesively as part of a team.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Superior time management and task prioritization.
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.