The Boston Harbor Hotel is seeking a a Seasonal Cocktail Server at the Rowes Wharf Bar at the Boston Harbor Hotel. This position is responsible for preparing service and serving guests in a Five Star manner. The Server will provide guests with detailed menu descriptions and anticipate their needs, while exceeding guest expectations.
This is a full-time temporary role for the summer, candidates must have flexible night and weekend availability to fulfill this role.
Ideal candidates must have at least (1) or more years of experience in a Full-Service Restaurant, with a combination of previous Food & Beverage in a Luxury environment preferred.
The primary responsibilities for the Cocktail Server at the Rowes Wharf Bar include but are not limited to:
- Assist with greeting guests, creating a good first impression for the dining experience.
- Completion of all opening and closing side work.
- Ability to provide detailed descriptions of all menu items, assisting with pairings while ensuring accurate orders are taken.
- Provide the highest service standards possible to all guests.
- Full knowledge and descriptions of all wines, beers, and cocktails, and be able to make recommendations.
- Service of cocktails, wine and champagne in accordance with safe alcohol service standards.
- Maintain the cleanliness of server stations, and equipment.
- Meet and exceed all guest request and expectations with a professional attitude.
- Adhering to the proper cash handling procedure including tip reporting, due backs, and bank.
- Complete all closing procedures.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Requires a thorough knowledge of food and beverage service, as well as luxury core standards.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Require good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage service.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.