This position is responsible for ensuring that all guests have the highest quality In-Room Dining experience possible, while serving the guest in a Five Star manner. The In-Room Dining Server will deliver orders within the specified time frame, setting up the In-Room Dining presentation, and settling all payments.
This is a full-time role, candidates must have flexible night and weekend availability to fulfill this role.
Must have at least (1) or more years of experience in Hospitality, with a combination of previous Food &
Beverage in a Luxury environment preferred.
The primary responsibilities for the In-Room Dining Server will include but are not limited to:
- Full knowledge and descriptions of all menu items, including wine, beer and assisting with recommendations, including knowledge of service times.
- This position will at times be responsible for answering incoming calls, utilizing the guest name, and assisting with taking guest orders, to include room number, number of persons dining and quoting delivery time.
- Responsible for set-up, delivery and proper steps of service according to Forbes Standards, including guest name usage.
- Close all checks in accordance with payment method.
- Retrieve all In-Room Dining trays and tables from guest hallways and ensure all used items are properly taken care of.
- Pre-set trays for future service in the In-Room Dining area.
- Stock all supplies and Food & Beverage items in the In-Room Dining station.
- Ensure the Manager is aware of any items that are below pars, and assisting with product requisitions.
- Provide the highest service standards possible to all guests.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the In-Room Dining stations.
- Meet and exceed all guest request and expectations with a professional attitude.
- Adhering to the proper cash handling procedure including tip reporting and due backs.
- Complete other tasks and duties assigned by the Manager.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Requires a thorough knowledge of food and beverage service, as well as luxury core standards.
- Require good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 30lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Thorough knowledge of In-Room Dining service.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.