A member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts LEGEND Collection, Boston’s only Forbes Five-Star waterfront hotel welcomes guests arriving by land or sea. Located on the historic Rowes Wharf Harbor, the Boston Harbor Hotel’s inviting ambiance and unparalleled service provide the ideal home away from home for travelers. Luxurious accommodations with sweeping views of Boston’s cityscape or breathtaking waterfront, a contemporary spa and fitness center, world-class dining and a 34-slip marina make the Boston Harbor Hotel a destination Beyond compare.
They are looking for an individual with a background in Pastry, who can create and exemplify a team spirit, have a “Yes I Can” attitude and inspire team performance, while providing their guests with a delicious finish to their dining experience!
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree, preferably specializing in Pastry, Culinary Arts, and or related major or equivalent experience is required.
- Must have at least one (1) or more years of related Pastry experience, with experience in Hospitality preferred.
The primary responsibilities for the Pastry Cook include but are not limited to:
- Creation of baked goods and desserts.
- Prepare a variety of desserts and bread items.
- Assist in menu innovation and recipe creation applicable to the menu.
- Help to maintain high level of sanitation and safety as set forth by the Pastry Chef.
- Maintains consistent high quality product as set forth by the Pastry Chef.
- Maintains a positive attitude and professional disposition.
- Maintains a full line of communication with supervisors.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Ability to work an environment with changing temperatures for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively with a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be able to lift up to 15lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Ability to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.