Boston Harbor Hotel is seeking a passionate hospitality professional; strengths in service, thorough knowledge of the guest’s experience, and exceptional Beyond Compare service attitude for the position of On-Call Banquets Server at the Boston Harbor Hotel. This position is responsible for serving food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to hotel’s high standards of quality.
Must have at least (1) or more years of experience in Hospitality, with a combination of previous Banquets and Food & Beverage experience preferred.
The primary responsibilities of the Banquets Server at the Boston Harbor Hotel include but are not limited to:
- Set up banquet room as instructed by the Banquets Manager to include linen, service ware and glassware.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner. Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquets Manager to ensure consistency in the order throughout the banquet. Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Practice “Teamwork”
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Require good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage service.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.