This position is responsible for overseeing the smooth and professional operations of the Room Service and Mini Bar department, make sure that all hotel and guest expectations are met with superior product, service, and presentation to guarantee a memorable dining experience in the guest room.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably specializing in Hospitality, Food & Beverage and or equivalent experience is required.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of strong progressive Food & Beverage Management experience, with previous experience in a Luxury Environment preferred, or other related/equivalent field may be considered. Minimum of one (1) year in a Supervisory role required.
Licenses or Certificates
Preferably TIPS and ServSafe Certification
The primary responsibilities for the In-Room Dining Manager include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all guest orders and amenities.
- Handle all guest complaints and resolve to the best solution possible.
- Establish and maintain consistency in set up and service standards.
- Handle investigations of all Room Service and Mini Bar disputes.
- Create and maintain a proper par stock of all food items and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Conduct monthly department meetings with staff to develop communication and foster discussion.
- Develop captains through training and increased responsibilities for future job growth.
- Attend all department head meetings and food and beverage meetings.
- Develop communications and working relationships with other departments.
- Ensure that employees are in clean and proper uniforms.
- Develop and conduct continuous training to increase guest satisfaction.
- Develop up selling techniques, sales strategies, and amenity programs.
- Properly administer progressive discipline, performance reviews, transfers, and terminations.
- Continually evaluate In Room Dining menu regarding prices and guest preferences.
- Continually evaluate In Room Dining service standards.
- Complete payroll schedules and forecasts on a weekly basis.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Maintain effective control of costs; newspapers, labor, food and beverage, void control.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities and supportive functions, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Requires a working knowledge of food and beverage operations as well as luxury core standards, and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to effectively lead and work cohesively as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Superior time management and task prioritization
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in professional manner
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office and industry relevant POS systems
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.