A member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts LEGEND Collection, Boston’s only Forbes Five-Star waterfront hotel welcomes guests arriving by land or sea. Located on the historic Rowes Wharf Harbor, the Boston Harbor Hotel’s inviting ambiance and unparalleled service provide the ideal home away from home for travelers. Luxurious accommodations with sweeping views of Boston’s cityscape or breathtaking waterfront, a contemporary spa and fitness center, world-class dining and a 34-slip marina make the Boston Harbor Hotel a destination Beyond compare for business and leisure travel.
They are seeking a skilled and committed hospitality professional to ensure the smooth operation of their Food & Beverage Operation. This position will ensure the service standards and procedures are constantly applied, to ensure employee and guest satisfaction. The ideal candidate would enjoy leading and developing employees and working in a fast-paced environment. This role will ensure the Food & Beverage Department is consistently providing the highest level of guest service in accordance with their standards, while meeting and exceeding guest expectations.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably specializing in Hospitality, Food & Beverage and or equivalent experience is required.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of strong progressive Food & Beverage experience, with previous experience in a Luxury Environment preferred, or other related/equivalent field may be considered. Minimum of one (1) year in a Supervisory role required.
Licenses or Certificates
Preferably TIPS and ServSafe Certification
The primary responsibilities for the Food and Beverage Supervisor will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille and the Rowes Wharf Bar, with shifts and days varying.
- Work closely with the Restaurant General Manager to ensure proper staffing to provide exceptional levels of guest service.
- Communicate with team members on a daily basis for pre-meal, effectively relaying shift information, including daily covers.
- Liaison between the guests and fellow team members.
- Ensure team members are following the proper steps of service, and following up on established training steps.
- Maintain direct contact with guests, ensuring full guest satisfaction with timely feedback and recovery.
- Monitor and maintain the condition of the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille and the Rowes Wharf Bar, ensuring all equipment is in working order.
- Ensure that meals are being served in a professional and timely manner, by having a constant presence on the floor.
- Assist in completion of reports at the end of shift, communicating with the Restaurant General Manager, the appropriate guest pass-on information.
- Communicate with the Heart of House staff and Sous Chefs to ensure orders are delivered and presented according to menu specifications.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities and supportive functions, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Requires a working knowledge of food and beverage operations as well as luxury core standards, and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to effectively lead and work cohesively as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Superior time management and task prioritization
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in professional manner
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office and industry relevant POS systems
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.