The team is seeking a passionate Culinary professional; strengths in high volume pace, thorough knowledge the culinary experience, and exceptional Beyond Compare attitude for the Executive Banquet Chef at the Boston Harbor Hotel. Under the guidance of Executive Chef, Daniel Bruce, the Executive Banquet Chef will oversee all kitchen operations as they relate to banquet operations at the Boston Harbor Hotel. This position will be responsible for leading and managing the kitchen employees, ensuring exceptional quality and presentation of all banquet menu items, and proper handling storage of all food items in accordance with health regulations.
- Graduation from accredited Culinary school, or equivalent work experience. Culinary Arts Degree preferred, but will consider overall experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of Culinary Arts experience; Supervisory and or management experience. Previous Hospitality experience preferred, as well as previous experience in a High Volume Culinary Environment.
Licenses or Certificates
- Preferably ServSafe Certified
The primary responsibilities for the Executive Banquet Chef will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all production and service of food in the main kitchen and wharf room kitchen of the Boston Harbor Hotel.
- Train and lead kitchen employees in the proper preparation of menu items, equipment and safety
- Inspect, select and use the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food preparation of all menu items.
- Observe expediting flow of main kitchen and wharf room kitchen; making adjustments in order to adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Maintain knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Train and develop Kitchen staff to ensure the continuation of career growth.
- Oversee weekly and monthly inventories.
- Monitor to ensure proper receiving, storage and rotation of food products, as to comply with the City of Boston health department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating and placing items in proper containers for kitchen and service.
- Continually review banquet menus and items, while coordinating with the Executive Chef to update the banquet menus as appropriate, including recipes, menu specifications and productions forecasts.
- Schedule the kitchen staff for proper coverage to be maintained for service levels, while keeping payroll costs in line with productivity forecast.
- Oversee that all the equipment in the main kitchen and wharf room kitchen is clean and in proper working condition, ensuring any issues are taken care of with the Engineering team.
- Create and maintain a highly functional, teamwork-oriented, back of the house team.
- Assist the Executive Chef with special projects as assigned.
- In the absence of Executive Chef, assume all duties of Executive Chef.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor costs.
- Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures and health and sanitation guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively with a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office and industry relevant payroll systems.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are sued often. May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.