The team is seeking a passionate hospitality professional; strengths in service, thorough knowledge of the Banquets experience, and exceptional Beyond compare service attitude, for the position of Banquets Manager at the Boston Harbor Hotel. The Banquets Manager will supervise the execution of Banquet Event Orders, according to Catering instructions, client preferences and established hotel service standards.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably specializing in Hospitality, Food & Beverage and or equivalent experience is required.
- Must have at least one (1) or more years of strong Food & Beverage Supervisory/Management experience, with previous experience in a Luxury Environment preferred, or other related/equivalent field may be considered.
Licenses or Certificates
- Preferably TIPS and ServSafe Certification
The primary responsibilities for the Banquet Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Banquets Management Team with directing the day-to-day activities and assignments of the Banquets Staff.
- Oversee the Banquet Service team, in the execution of their duties and adherence to the Boston Harbor Hotel standards of service.
- Provide guidance, instruction and follow-up with Banquet House men staff particularly as it relates to the care and maintenance of the facility and equipment.
- Accurately execute all policies with improvement to quality, service and operations.
- Inspects all function rooms prior to service, to ensure room is maintained, and reports any discrepancies to Engineering.
- Engage in ongoing development of Banquet staff while holding the team accountable for performance and maintaining standards.
- Provide guidance, instruction and follow-up with banquet house men staff particularly as it relates to the care and maintenance of the facility and equipment.
- Communicate as necessary with clients to ensure full guest satisfaction.
- Actively participate in all meetings, which must be attended for communication: BEO Meeting, F&B Meeting, and any other meetings which pertain to the Banquets Department.
- Monitor team member’s work with a detailed eye in an organized fashion to ensure timeliness, adherence to standards and accuracy.
- Work on special tasks as assigned by the Director of Banquets.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities and supportive functions, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Requires a working knowledge of Banquet operations as well as luxury core standards, and standard operating procedures.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively lead and work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office and industry relevant payroll systems.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.