Boston Harbor Hotel is seeking a passionate hospitality professional for the position of Banquet Houseperson at the Boston Harbor Hotel. This position is responsible for the manual set up, break down and service all meeting rooms in accordance with the Boston Harbor Hotel standards of quality. This position will also collect all service ware and allocate in accordance with the event order to supply functions for the next day. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to become part of a team that’s always pushing one another to raise the bar.
Must have at least (1) or more years of experience in a similar role, with a combination of previous Hospitality experience preferred.
The primary responsibilities of the Banquet Houseperson include but are not limited to:
- Communicate with Supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the work
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance-floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms, ensuring the space stays presentable at all times
- Anticipate equipment needs from event orders and count same
- Mandatory attendance for monthly departmental meetings
- Practice teamwork and clean-as-you-go policies
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Require good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 80 lbs. through a crowded room. This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 1800 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.