Love going out to eat? A whiz at social media? Curious about the role marketing plays in the hospitality industry? Here’s a perfect opportunity for you: Boston Chefs, Inc. is looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated marketing interns who are hungry for a broad range of marketing experience within Boston’s online culinary community.
Here’s what we do:
Boston Chefs, Inc. provides web-based marketing and promotion services to the Boston-area’s vibrant (and booming!) culinary industry. Through our website, email newsletter and numerous Twitter and Facebook feeds we leverage the power of the Internet to promote the best chefs and restaurants in the Greater Boston area. Our goal is to make BostonChefs.com the most comprehensive and up-to-date dining guide for food-lovers.
Here’s what you’d do:
- Maintain and build BostonChefs.com’s social media presence and relationships.
- Track down, organize, record and update info for existing special, seasonal site features like holiday rundowns and our handy dining guides.
- Curate, collect and create content for recurring weekly and monthly columns.
- Update restaurant info including menus, food photos and event details.
- Research, fact check and proofread the content areas of BostonChefs.com.
The position requires excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), a drive to succeed, an eagerness to learn, meticulous attention to detail and fabulous people skills. Applicants must be frequent web and email users and have experience with the Microsoft Office suite. A working knowledge of social media outlets like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram is ideal. Familiarity with WordPress would be great but is not required.
Here’s what you’ll get out of it:
- Fine-tuned multi-tasking abilities
- Amped up social media savvy
- Real live office experience
- In depth knowledge of Boston’s restaurant scene
- An understanding of project management
- Familiarity with database management
- Experience with key software like WordPress, Salesforce, Shutterstock, PicMonkey, Pixlr and Sprout Social
Here’s what we need:
The marketing intern must be able to dedicate a minimum of 20 hours per week to the position. Work will be conducted at our office (875 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02139) during standard office hours (Monday through Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm) beginning in May. We are asking for at least a 16-week commitment for the summer term although we’d be happy to extend the position for class credit, where applicable. Qualified candidates may be invited to extend their internship.
The position is unpaid but you’ll get plenty of experience, fodder for your resume and a glowing letter of recommendation.
Here’s how to apply:
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to the address provided below.