50 hour workweek
5 day workweek including 1 weekend day
Salary 48k – 52K; based on experience and qualifications.
For over 30 years their name has been synonymous with catering excellence in the greater Boston area. If you’re looking for classic favorites or contemporary flair, they proudly make it fresh, seven days a week. Their inspiring selections are perfect for any corporate or social occasion. They’ve been the go-to for generations.
The ideal candidate will take command of the direction, execution, operation, and leadership of their Corporate Expediting Department including the Driver Manager, Expediting Staff and Delivery Drivers. Ensuring food handling practices, sanitation, hygiene, and safety standards are adhered to are top priorities.
Job Overview: The Corporate Expediting Manager will manage the Driver Manager, expediting staff and coordinate and expedite large volume of daily food orders ensuring accuracy, quality and timeliness. The Manager will oversee the Driver Manager, all delivery drivers, drivers’ schedules, logistics, and ensure the best possible customer service. The Corporate Expediting Manager must be proficient in catering and driver routing software programs and be a liaison to the Kitchen and Sales Team to improve service and operational efficiencies.
This is a full-time salaried position with full benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, life insurance, long term disability, and 401(k) retirement plan.
• Prior food service management experience in a high-volume production kitchen.
• 2 years of managerial experience with 5 or more employees.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, high volume business environment.
• Ability to solve problems and use proper judgement.
• Be a team leader by example.
• Ability to effectively lead a team and discipline when needed.
• Experience in training and coaching of staff.
• ServSafe Certification, Allergen Awareness Certification, excellent sanitation practices.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to details and the ability to multi-task.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and spoken.
• Proficient in computers with knowledge of MS Office.
• Strong logistical experience.
• Ability to carry out company policies and procedures.
• Ability to delegate and follow up with team members.
• Adapt quickly to changes in standard procedures and work duties.
• Must have valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Must have excellent Sanitation practices.
• Person must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Essential Job Functions:
• Possess thorough understanding of expediting process from early morning until closing.
• Responsible for daily, weekly, weekend and holiday planning. Ensure proper staffing levels for all these situations.
• Act as a liaison / mentor between production staff, sales team and kitchen.
• Act as a liaison/mentor between delivery drivers, sales team and kitchen.
• Monitor and manage the schedule, production and efficiency of delivery staff.
• Verify and inspect food orders for quality correctness, temperature, and presentation.
• Pack out deliveries and load vehicles measured by OTP (On Time Performance) to ensure vehicles are loaded in a timely manner and deliveries are made on time, without any issues.
• Ability to manage and understand reporting system. Run reports as needed.
• Prepare set-ups with team. Recommend ways to increase efficiencies with set-up process.
• Working knowledge of procedural tasks such as breakfast set-ups, bread ordering, boxed lunches, desserts.
• Utilize and be proficient in the Driver Routing Software Program.
• Monitor paper goods being packed daily.
• Understand, adhere and enforce company policies and procedures, and be willing to administer these policies fairly.
• Evaluate, review and motivate employees. Identify and develop exceptional employees for future advancement (progression planning).
• Monitor and take daily inventory for all transport food containers. Set up a tracking system to assure containers are being returned daily.
• Ensure exceptional customer satisfaction through product quality and employee efficiency and productivity.
• Recommend creative, innovative, and practical ways to save on cost of paper goods and small wares used in production
• Understand that each of their customers as well as each of their employees should be treated with respect and dignity.
• Communicate and follow-up with all managers daily, in regard to any of the above