Are you a talented Chef looking for a new opportunity with a great company culture? Do you always sweat the details and strive for excellence? Are you a natural-born leader who loves teaching and coaching members of their team?
New Location Under Construction
25 Thomson Place, Suite #105, Boston, MA 02210
As a Chef, we know that your skillset is not limited to the kitchen. We know that you are often told that you must have the dexterity of a craftsman, the stamina of an athlete, the curiosity of a child, and the command of a maestro. And while we realize that it’s no easy feat to strive for greatness consistently, we also know that only the most passionate and competitive chefs are eager to rise to the challenge.
As a Chef de Cuisine at Boqueria, you will be responsible for consistently executing the culinary direction of the Corporate Chef and meeting all product specs, ensuring that the Back of House’s targets are consistently met, and overseeing the kitchen’s preparedness for DOH inspections during shifts.
What we’re looking for:
- At least three years of experience as a high-volume Chef de Cuisine/Executive Chef
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and anticipate
- Basic computer and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a BOH team and execute seamless services
- Understanding of financial implications of operational decisions
- Ability to order products and schedule labor within budget
- Ability to be incredibly flexible and always maintain a positive attitude
- Thorough knowledge of food handling practices – must have Food Protection Certificate!
- Culinary skills and knowledge necessary to execute the entire Boqueria menu exceptionally
- You will work directly with the Corporate Chef and Sous Chefs to maximize profitability by effectively managing food and labor cost
- You will help monitor kitchen standard operating procedures to ensure food safety and consistency with the brand’s standards
- You will ensure DOH standards are always followed and that the kitchen is ready to get an “A” at any moment’s notice!
- A good sense of humor
- Must be at least 18 years old
What we offer our team:
- Work with great people who love hospitality
- Competitive salary based on experience paid weekly
- Flexible scheduling
- Full- and part-time availability
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and supplemental options
- Paid time off and Discounted Meals
- A strong company culture with high standards
- Be part of growing an upscale restaurant group
Who is Boqueria®?
Boqueria® is one of the leading Spanish tapas restaurant groups on the East Coast, with 8 locations spread throughout NYC, DC, Chicago, and Nashville, and an 9th to open in Boston in Spring 2023. Boqueria is a lively tapas bar, inspired by the buzzy atmosphere and great food of the Barcelona “Kioskos” surrounding the renowned food market “El Mercado de la Boqueria.”
At Boqueria®, the open kitchens turn out tempting versions of classic Spanish tapas and small plates inspired by the season’s best products. Designed for easy sharing, Boqueria® has become a go-to destination for friends, family and co-workers to connect over the sharing spirit of tapas and Spanish food.
How we’re committed to your safety:
Your health and wellbeing are always our top priority. Where allowed, we require all team members to be vaccinated. Boqueria® has partnered with Zedic® to guide our managers and team in managing COVID-19 risks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not base our employment decisions on an applicant’s race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, national origin, citizenship, disability, handicap, veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by local, state, or federal law.