Big Night Entertainment Group operates some of the hottest, cutting edge restaurants and nightclubs in New England. Fueled by driven, passionate people, BNEG is known for its consistent growth, cutting edge sophisticated design, superior cuisines and raising the bar in hospitality and service standards. Big Night is an employee focused company as recognized by their staff as the Boston Globe BEST place to work.
BNEG is always looking for talented, ambitious professionals to join their staff. If you have a passion for hospitality and a commitment to superior guest service we want you. Join their team today.
Sales Manager: BNEG
This is a job for a true hunter. Someone who networks, makes connections, cultivates relationships and pursues new opportunities. A new sales team member who enjoys working closely with clients, team members and vendors to ensure smooth & memorable events. A creative & high energy sales herald who builds professional relationships with their existing clients while seeking new ones on a continual basis by strategic sales and focused marketing efforts. their customer satisfaction and retention rates are exceptionally high. The ideal candidate will be well versed in sales, hospitality, marketing and the restaurant industry. Sales/Event Planning/ Catering Sales/Event Execution experience is required. Their new Sales Team member should be a collaborative team-player. This person should be self-motivated, passionate, driven and hungry for sales. The schedule for this position does sometimes work outside of the normal M-F role in order to ensure proper setup and execution of client facing events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is responsible for overseeing hourly staff during the execution of events.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate with the Director of Sales to make sure financial goals are attained for each event and each venue.
• Receive and respond to inquiries in an aggressive and timely and professional manner.
• Recognize opportunities to upsell.
• Recognize the right fit for the customer within BNEG venues. Never lose the sale.
• Ensure that all elements required for the function are delivered on time through planning and coordination with support departments and kitchen.
• Work closely and pro-actively with service staff so problems do not arise. Coordinate and plan the seamless “delivery” of assigned private dining event.
• Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, professional, gracious service at all times.
• Conduct BEO meetings to ensure that kitchen and management are fully informed and up to date.
• Conduct pre-shift meetings keeping staff informed about developments in the private dining event and restaurant.
• Continually develop staff in professional demeanor, customer service & sales and continuously educate staff in all areas of private dining.
• Prepare all required paperwork, including menus, contracts, BEOs, forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
• Identify operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities.
• Investigate and resolve customer complaints.
• Provide a positive, fun working environment for associates.
• Able to work required schedule during busy and or holiday seasons.
Required Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Dynamic personality looking for a long career in the hospitality sales industry.
• 3-5 years or more of prior sales experience in hospitality/ corporate & social events/catering sales management.
• Superior organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Strong customer and personal service skills.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and deadlines; adaptable, flexible, unflappable.
• Strong presence, instills confidence in customers and coworkers.
• Team player who possesses an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, high energy level and positive attitude.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Triple Seat Catering Software and Open Table knowledge a plus.
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with direct mail, cold calls and other sales & marketing efforts.
Required Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems quickly, thinks on their feet; Develops alternative solutions, thinks critically and creatively.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations with aplomb and grace; responds promptly to customer needs. (internal and external)
• Attention to Detail – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness to details.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Able to build morale and group commitments towards goals and objectives.
• Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Goes “above and beyond” with external and internal clients.
• Business Acumen- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
• Time Management/Prioritization – Is able to manage and prioritize tasks based on current event schedule. Works autonomously on projects. Completes assigned tasks on time.
• Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively.
• Cost Consciousness – Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
BNEG is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.