Blackbird Doughnuts Decorator is a full-time position with the potential to learn and grow within the Blackbird Doughnuts scratch kitchen. Decorators are responsible for developing and producing garnishes, edible decorations for menus and specials.
- Thorough working knowledge of baking and pastry in a commercial setting
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Intricate piping and frosting techniques
- Experience storing, tempering, molding, piping, and writing with chocolate
- Understands flavor, ratios, recipes, and mass production.
- Produces items in an efficient and logical manner for distribution and orders
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Keeping a clean and organized station and workplace
- Prep work including cake assembly and decoration, preparing frostings, icings, cookies, gumpaste, meringues, fruit leathers, caramels, candies, or other edible decorations
- Maintaining and tracking a well-organized inventory of ingredient items
- Ordering specialty items according to budget
- 1-2 years experience as a baker or pastry cook.
- Weekend, holiday, and early morning availability.
- Reliable transportation to our Brighton production facility.
- Able to stand for an 8-hour shift, lift 50lb, and perform repetitive arm and hand movements.
- Competitive hourly rate, salary negotiable, health/dental, and PTO available
To apply, send your resume to the email address provided below.