Bird&Wolf American Craft Bar + Chop is a new restaurant opening in North Andover, Massachusetts. Their philosophy centers around bridging the gap between the modern and natural worlds. By combining an innovative menu and a biophilic design they reconnect the customer with nature throughout the dining experience. Bird&Wolf redefines the possibilities of the restaurant industry while also promoting a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
In keeping with their focus on healthy living, Bird&Wolf is a non-smoking environment.
Candidates for the Baker position should have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with laminated doughs including: croissants, puff pastry, morning buns, danishes, kouign amann, and all other types of viennoiserie.
- Experience in artisan bread making including and not limited to sourdoughs, baguettes, multigrain loaf, ciabatta, fougasse, focaccia, brioche, pullmans, milk rolls, pretzel, english muffins, flatbreads and gluten free breads.
- Have diverse experience including baking cakes, buttercream decorating, piping skills and particularly be able to make in house scratch production such as seasonal tarts, pastry creams, cookies, muffins, scones, pate a choux, petit gateaux, entremets, macarons, madeleines, and biscuits.
- Have piping and decorative skills.
- Work well and efficiently under a restricted time period.
- Have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must have a positive and professional attitude and be an outstanding team player.
- Mindset to work safely around hot and dangerous items.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time.
- Be organized, tidy, and work cleanly.
- Possess great communication skills, and interact well with the pastry team, kitchen staff, management and both FOH and BOH staff.
- Flexibility to work in the early morning, weekends and holidays.
- Knead, roll, shape, proof and bake dough.
- Weigh flour and measure other ingredients to prepare dough.
- Laminated work for croissants, puff pastry and others.
- Check the quality of baking ingredients.
- Use baking equipment correctly and efficiently including operating ovens, bread proofer, mixer and blender.
- Follow recipes with both verbal and written instructions.
- Track supplies and ingredients needed for orders.
- Clean and prepare all baking materials for specific jobs.
- Follow health and sanitation guidelines.
To apply, send your resume to the email address below.