Bird & Wolf American Craft Bar + Chop is a new restaurant in North Andover, Massachusetts. Their philosophy centers around bridging the gap between the modern and natural worlds. By combining an innovative menu and a biophilic design they reconnect customers with nature throughout the dining experience. Bird&Wolf redefines the possibilities of the restaurant industry while also promoting a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
In keeping with their focus on healthy living, Bird&Wolf is a non-smoking environment.
As the Host for Bird & Wolf you are the first face to greet guests. This is the job for someone who loves engaging with people in a warm and welcoming demeanor. Whether it is greeting guests as they enter the building or fielding phone calls for reservations and take-out orders, the host is responsible for guaranteeing a superb first impression. You will also serve as coordinator for smooth and balanced distribution of tables to the serving staff for each shift, meaning a strong ability to multitask in a rapid environment is key.
- Friendly, outgoing, and professional demeanor. Able to interact with guests and colleagues.
- Ability to coordinate table assignments for servers per each shift.
- Attention to detail while performing side tasks at the host station during the duration of shift.
- Assists and coordinates with the manager on duty to effectively plan reservations and up-coming parties.
- Immediately greets guests upon arrival, takes the guests name, and promptly escorts them to their assigned table; host then informs the designated server of the guests’ names.
- Answers phone calls in a timely, courteous, and cheerful manner. Accurately takes, confirms, and documents the reservation.
- Controls the flow of the dining room floor by anticipating table turns, juggling reservations, and evenly distributing table assignments.
- Manages “wait” list as needed and accurately informs guests of projected wait times.
- Communicates with the manager on duty to intercept any issues regarding wait time, reservation issues, etc.
- Acknowledges guests as they depart and encourages them to join again.
- Entry Level
- Minimum 18 years of age, legally able to work in the United States.
- Displays excellent guest-first customer service and demeanor.
- Possesses strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to diplomatically address difficult situations with calm demeanor and effective communication skills.
- Ability to communicate, write and listen effectively.
- Must be able to stand, bend, walk, and communicate for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to physically multitask, ie: operate booking system/point of sale while operating telephone.
- Part time positions available.
- Must be able to work midday, weekends, and holidays.
- Shift time: 4-6 hours per shift.
Apply online via the link provided below.