Bird & Wolf American Craft Bar + Chop is a new restaurant in North Andover, Massachusetts. The philosophy centers around bridging the gap between the modern and natural worlds. By combining an innovative menu and a biophilic design they reconnect their customer with nature throughout the dining experience. Bird & Wolf redefines the possibilities of the restaurant industry while also promoting a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
Bird & Wolf is looking to build a passionate team of customer service professionals who thrive in a high-volume environment that still preserves the intimacy of high scale dining. They are looking to add people with a passion for the hospitality industry, a love of interacting with people, and in interest in learning more about the concept of biophilic design and community in this changing industry.
- Interacts with host/seater to effectively maintain tables in designated serving areas.
- Promptly greets guests at tables and welcomes them to their restaurant, introduce yourself, and help guests settle in for their dining experience.
- After appropriate time duration, touch tables and inquire about any preliminary orders, such as wine/cocktails or shared plates.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of the menu and any daily specials, assisting guests with their orders.
- Process all orders through point of sale systems to precise specifications of guests and ensure orders are received in the correct locations.
- Deliver any orders from appropriate outlets in a timely manner.
- Routinely check assigned tables to ensure service quality and experiential satisfaction of all guests in your section.
- Coordinate with expo staff, other waitstaff, and food runners to ensure all items ordered arrive at the correct tables in a timely manner.
- Ensure satisfaction with food and beverages with all guests, making sure to listen to all commentary.
- Promptly deal with any and all issues that arise with orders that guests do not find satisfactory; coordinate with the manager on duty to explain the situation in order to produce a timely and satisfactory resolution.
- Process and close out all checks for open tables at designated point of sale terminal, returning accurate change to all cash transitions.
- Issue thanks to guests and your hope that they enjoyed their experience at Bird & Wolf, and encourage them to visit again.
- Perform all designated side tasks before, during, and after shift as assigned by manager on duty.
- Assist fellow staff members as needed throughout the shift.
- Work in collaboration with bussing staff to ensure a clean and sterile work and dining environment per Department of Health safety standards.
- Fast paced restaurant experience – 2 years minimum.
- Minimum 18 years of age, legally able to work in the United States.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and carry trays/smallwares/equipment up to 35 pounds.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and warm, welcoming attitude.
- Must be able to stand, kneel, stoop, bend, walk, and communicate continuously for up to 8 hours per shift. Movement includes bending and twisting to store all items used throughout the course of the shift.
- Must be able to multitask and track multiple tables and tickets simultaneously over the course of a shift.
- Must be able to effectively utilize point of sale systems, including cash handling and credit card transactions.
- ServSafe/TIPS certified.
Schedule: Full/Part time positions available.
Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Shift time: 8 hours per shift.
Apply online via the link provided below.