Front of House Manager
BirchTree Bread Company is a community integrated bakery and restaurant providing an extraordinarily enjoyable dining and destination experience to each guest. Since opening in late 2014 with an initial vision of featuring naturally leavened breads and locally sourced fresh and organic ingredients, BirchTree has developed a growing guest base and reputation for being one of the Worcester areas best destination dining experiences. The menu now features naturally leavened breads exquisite, gourmet sandwiches, soups, salads, pizza, specialty coffees, teas, beer, wines, cocktails. BirchTree is the humble and proud winner of several “best of” awards, and has been featured in both Worcester and Boston media. To learn more about BirchTree Bread Company, please visit their website www.birchtreebreadcompany.com.
They are currently looking for a dynamic, highly organized, service-minded Front of House Manager to join their team!
Their ideal candidate is a self-driven, motivated, personable, and enthusiastic person with food industry, barista, and/or culinary experience to join their hard-working, fun-loving team and manage the day-to-day FOH operations of the restaurant. Candidate must be adaptable, able to maintain grace under pressure, lead by example, be able to delegate tasks, provide and receive constructive criticism, and have the stamina and availability to work 50+ hours per week.
- Responsible for all FOH food, beverage, full bar and specialty coffee presentation and preparation
- Ensure FOH is fully trained and staffed to provide exceptional customer experience at all times
- Responsible for FOH inventory, ordering, receiving, and vendor/supplier management
- Assist FOH during peak hours of operation. Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure proper cash handling and deposit procedures are followed
- Effective use of POS system, including system setup, training, and use
- Cost control (P&L), specifically FOH food and labor
- Ensure product quality, restaurant cleanliness, maintenance and security standards are met
What BirchTree Offers:
- Challenging, rewarding, respectful, honest, positive, enjoyable work environment
- Health Insurance Options
- Simple IRA
- Growth Potential and Career Advancement
- Long & Short-Term Disability
Requirements & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills to connect effectively with customers and co-workers
- A positive attitude and ethics that support BirchTree values and culture
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, high-volume, clean, customer-focused restaurant
- 3-5 years of high volume, full service Restaurant or Bar Management experience
- Passion for the hospitality industry and creating exceptional guest experiences
- POS systems and computer (Square, Windows, MS Office, etc.) knowledge and experience
- High school diploma
- Able to work weekends, evenings and holidays, with a flexible time table as needed
- Able to be on your feet 8-10 hours, and to do some heavy lifting and carrying
- License or Certificate required: Must have a valid driver license and provide proof of insurance
- Servsafe© and/or TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) certified
Please send complete resume and cover letter.