Big Dipper Hospitality Group is hiring an Office Assistant.
They like nice, honest, hardworking, personable people!! If you think this describes you, keep reading! The Office Assistant position will have the responsibility for providing support to all office and in-restaurant activities by supporting the administrative team and restaurant managers with various projects. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. They will be expected to build strong relationships with the staff and management while collaborating to provide support. This role will have daily interaction with BDHG staff across all businesses including management and ownership teams.
As a member of the Administrative team, your main duties will be to:
- Handle financial tasks
- Maintain operational continuity
- Support guest relations efforts
- Assist with record keeping
- Assist with office maintenance, organization and cleanliness
Benefits available to you include:
- Matched Simple IRA: A retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- Health Insurance: Big Dipper Hospitality Group offers a Harvard Pilgrim HMO health insurance policy to all full-time (30+ hr/wk) employees, paying half of monthly premium. After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on or before your 90th day of employment.
- Perks at Work: An exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email
- Discounts: Throughout the BDHG family of restaurants
- Parking: Discounted rates at the One Kendall Square Garage
- Discounted Gym Membership: Conveniently located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Performance Evaluations: The schedule for these conversations relate to the start date of the employee and fits with their yearly activities. All employees will have performance evaluations to provide a stepping-stone for the employee and supervisor to:
- Touch base about what’s going well and what needs improvement
- Clarify expectations and set goals
- Encourage career development
- Growth Opportunity: Available for motivated employees who take initiative and exhibit leadership qualities, as well as a willingness to grow and learn. As a growing company, they provide opportunities to those who want to seek a new challenge in a different role or location.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- Analysis and logical thinking ability
- Ability to skillfully interacting with co-workers, managers and ownership team members
- Ability to take initiative, organize, and work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and through writing
- Detailed and thorough technique
- Fluent in English
Also, It Is Preferred You Have Experience With:
- Customer service experience
- Experience in a front of house role in a hospitality business
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field
- Computer and typing skills mandatory – must be comfortable learning and becoming proficient in new technology and software
- Verbal and written Spanish to English translation
About Big Dipper Hospitality Group
Their staff is their family, and they are committed to providing the best possible work environment and exemplary work practices for employees. Daily, they work to nurture an inclusive workplace where all staff feel included, respected, and valued. They employ a leadership team of which more than 50 percent are women and people of color. They offer competitive wages as well as a meaningful benefits package, and over the last decade, they have led the industry in evolving their business practices to address some of the intrinsic injustices in the tipped model of the hospitality industry.
BDHG Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is their policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. They do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour