Big Dipper Hospitality Group is looking for general BOH applicants to round out their teams at State Park, Mamaleh’s Delicatessen, Café Du Pays, Mamaleh’s Delicatessen Time Out (MDTO) and Vincent’s Corner Grocery.
They are looking for enthusiastic and experienced individuals to work with them. They need a good communicator, someone who works well with others and has a sense of urgency. They prefer to work with people who are restaurant focused and dream of having one of their own one day. Qualified candidates should have a broad culinary interest, and they love those with a vivid imagination to match their offbeat culinary style. You will be responsible for working as a member of a team. You will do prep, set up and break down a station, work service, and help clean kitchen at the end of service.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to demonstrate classic cooking techniques
- At least one year of professional kitchen experience
- Sense of urgency and comfort in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of food safety standards
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure; Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow; Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
Ideally, You Also Have:
- 1 year full-service restaurant experience as a Line Cook or relevant experience in a high volume environment
- Culinary Degree/Certification(s)
- Advanced knife skills and ingredient knowledge
About Big Dipper Hospitality Group:
Founded in 2008, in Cambridge, Mass., the Big Dipper Hospitality Group has created some of the area’s most beloved dining spots, such as State Park, Mamaleh’s Delicatessen, Café Du Pays, and Vincent’s Corner Grocery. They are a family-run, independent, award-winning restaurant group, passionate about hospitality and integrity. They are committed to creating healthy work experiences and opportunities for advancement in the field. The ownership and management team work hard alongside their staff daily and have enacted a food revenue sharing program amongst their kitchen team.
Big Dipper Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is their policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. They do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.