Big Dill Hospitality is looking for an energetic Sous Chef to help OPEN a new restaurant location on Moody St in Waltham and help with their current brunch restaurant! This will be this company’s second location on the street, but the concepts will be vastly different.
For the new location they’re looking for this sous chef to help develop a new ‘street food’ concept. Inspiration from the world’s best State Fairs, food trucks, and urban streets of the world presented as restaurant quality and an eye for WOW! Think Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Onion Rings with a house made Siracha ranch sauce. Or Thyme pretzel bites with a house prepared mustard sample platter. Street Tacos and corn. Fried Oreo, Twinkie or snicker dessert. The options are endless and FUN! Quality, presentation and attention to detail is a MUST to pull this off!
Their other location is larger and they will be using it as an area to stage/prep for both restaurants. Working with their chef and sous chefs there building a schedule for all kitchen staff, ordering and prep is required. They imagine once the initial opening of the new restaurant is behind them, and they get into a flow, 70% of your time will be at the new location and 30% will be spent at their current location.
Pre-opening the sous chef will be responsible for:
- Helping with menu development
- Helping price / cost the menu
- Sourcing and picking up products
- helping create lists, procedures, cleaning schedules and controls
- Help in building a culinary team through interviewing and hiring (and terminating if necessary)
- Keeping tight controls on Costs
- Helping in kitchen’s design and layout
- Helping with overall operations of two kitchens
- Helping work the line at both kitchens (Both are currently open)
- Helping prep and cook at both kitchens
- Post-opening the Sous Chef will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the quality of two kitchens
- Helping hire and retaining staff
- Staff Development
- Help with Menu development and adjustments for two restaurants
- Overall operations of BOH staff for two locations
They’re looking for an experienced Sous Chef, and if you’ve helped open a restaurant in the past that’s a major plus. This is a great opportunity for a Sous Chef who wants to have an integral part in a new menu and kitchen staff!
They’ll leave salary open and pay based on experience / knowledge / professionalism. Please send them your salary expectations included in your cover letter
**The new restaurant has 83 seats with a bar. It will be open for dinner service Wed-Sunday only to start. As they grow the culinary sales they’ll add day parts as warranted. A fun brunch to complement their other concept can work too! – Their current location is a brunch restaurant with 94 seats and a bar. Open 6:30a-3p everyday and closed Tuesdays**
Job Type: Full-time