The Server Assistant will clear and reset tables and assist the food servers in their duties while providing courteous, professional and efficient service to the guests. Must adhere to all state, federal, and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to the serving of alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests, ensuring all laws are followed.
Title: Server’s Assistant
Department: Food and Beverage Department
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Date Revised: 01/01/2019
Essential Job Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
• Quickly clear dirty table settings and prepare table for resetting. Promptly and consistently reset all service ware as prescribed.
• Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meal periods with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments.
• Serve guests with beverages, breads and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary.
• Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
• Folding napkins for all meal periods throughout the day to maintain an adequate supply.
• Stocks and maintains service stations with the proper supplies before, during and after each shift.
• Assists servers in the delivery of orders and pre-busing tables.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills, or special guest requests, to ensure total satisfaction.
• Perform any related duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
• Assists other Restaurant Personnel when need.
• Ascertain a guest’s satisfaction and handle any problem, which may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved.
• Respect guest confidentiality.
• Follow proper uniform procedures, wear proper uniform and maintain high standard in regard to personal appearance as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Check schedule on a regular basis for changes. Arrive at your work area at time listed in schedule
• Be aware of appearance, quality of work, and attitudes with guests.
• Must adhere to all state, federal, and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to the serving of alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests, ensuring all laws are followed.
• Report unsafe conditions to management. Properly handle and report employee guest accidents.
• Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Supervisor, MOD or hotel management.
• Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
• Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
• Excellent people skills possess a positive, outgoing and naturally curious personality.
• Ability to follow all Harbor View Hotel standards policies and procedures.
• Ability to work productively with other employees as part of a team.
• Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions
• Legal ability to work in the US.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic
• Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Servsafe Certified
• Previous guest relations training
• Experience in hospitality industry in similar position.
• CPR certification
Requirements: Education and Experience:
• Ability to continuously stand and walk.
• Occasional sitting for completion of paperwork.
• Ability to lift or move objects up to 50 lbs.
• Standing and walking is continuous for 4-5 hours at a time.
• Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and ascending and descending stairs are repetitive movements.
• Lifting and carrying a 30 lb. tray is repetitive
• Fine motor skills are needed for writing guest checks and folding napkins.
• High school graduate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.