The Food & Beverage Supervisor must adhere to all state, federal, and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to the serving of alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests, ensuring all laws are followed.
Title: Food & Beverage Supervisor
Department: Food and Beverage Department
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Supervises: Bartenders, Servers, Host, Server Assistant, IRD
Date Revised: 01/01/2019
• Supervise the daily operations of the restaurants and bars, always keeping Guest Satisfaction as the number one priority.
• Supervise your team of associates: servers, hosts, bartenders, Server assistants and in-room dining. This includes training, coaching, counseling, scheduling, and motivating your associates.
• Ensure the department meets all requirements of operation by Harbor View Hotel standards.
• Control operational expenses including labor, alcohol and food
• Maintain high levels of guest satisfaction by creative problem solving, anticipating needs, and looking for ways to Surprise and Delight
• Completing Alcohol Inventory weekly and monthly
• Ensuring follow through on all training and brand standards
• Daily and weekly payroll requirements including evaluating time cards, completing job transfers, and balancing tips/gratuities
• Ascertain a guest’s satisfaction and handle any problem, which may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved.
• Respect guest confidentiality.
• Follow proper uniform procedures, wear proper uniform and maintain high standard in regard to personal appearance as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Check schedule on a regular basis for changes. Arrive at your work area at time listed in schedule
• Be aware of appearance, quality of work, and attitudes with guests.
• Must adhere to all state, federal, and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to the serving of alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests, ensuring all laws are followed.
• Report unsafe conditions to management. Properly handle and report employee guest accidents.
• Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Supervisor, MOD or hotel management.
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience in restaurant management
• Excellent people skills possess a positive, outgoing and naturally curious personality.
• Ability to follow all Harbor View Hotel standards policies and procedures.
• Ability to work productively with other employees as part of a team.
• Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions
• Legal ability to work in the US.
• Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English Language. Ability to perform basic arithmetic
• Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Previous guest relations training
• Experience in hospitality industry in similar position.
• CPR certification
Requirements: Education and Experience:
• Ability to continuously stand and walk.
• Occasional sitting for completion of paperwork.
• Ability to lift or move objects up to 50 lbs.
• Standing and walking is continuous for 4-5 hours at a time.
• Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and ascending and descending stairs are repetitive movements.
• Lifting and carrying a 30 lb. tray is repetitive
• Fine motor skills are needed for writing guest checks and folding napkins.
• High school graduate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.