Make Martha’s Vineyard your home!Join the dynamic team at the Bettini Restaurant at the Harbor View Hotel – the most luxurious waterfront hotel and restaurant on Martha’s Vineyard! Low cost housing is available! Bettini’s fresh take on Martha Vineyard’s style sets the stage for chef-inspired menus that showcase the season’s freshest offerings from local farms, fishing boats, foragers and markets. Expansive windows reveal a magnificent coastal view that reinforces the kitchen’s relationship with the local landscape, creating a seamless island-to-table dining experience and the best of the island’s produce shines throughout the restaurant’s menus.
What they are looking for:
An outgoing and professional Food & Beverage Supervisor who has a desire to help others by providing exceptional customer service to guests and takes pride in their work
A glance at what you will do:
- Supervise your team of associates: servers, hosts, bartenders, Server assistants and in-room dining. This includes training, coaching, counseling, scheduling, and motivating your associates
- Control operational expenses including labor, alcohol and food
- Maintain high levels of guest satisfaction by creative problem solving, anticipating needs, and looking for ways to Surprise and Delight
- Completing Alcohol Inventory weekly and monthly
- Ensuring follow through on all training and brand standards
- Daily and weekly payroll requirements including evaluating time cards, completing job transfers, and balancing tips/gratuities
- Ascertain a guest’s satisfaction and handle any problem, which may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved.
What they require for the position:
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in restaurant management
- Excellent people skills possess a positive, outgoing and naturally curious personality
- Ability to follow all Harbor View Hotel standards policies and procedures
- Ability to work productively with other employees as part of a team
- Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions
- Legal ability to work in the US
- Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends and holidays.
What you can expect from them:
- To make low-cost housing available to you
- To work with a group of outstanding, down-to-earth and professional restaurant staff
- To make an investment in you to help you succeed
- To ensure a safe work environment by taking all COVID precautions
- To provide travel assistance if you live outside of MA
Learn more about them!
To learn more about the hotel and the positions, you can join them any Wednesday night at 7:00pm for an online information session.
Detailed job descriptions will be provided upon inquiry
The Harbor View Hotel is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Thank you for your interest!
If you’re ready to apply (and to enjoy island life for the summer), click on the link below.