Better Sorts Social Club is seeking a Bar & Floor Manager to join their team.
As the Bar & Floor Manager, you’ll keep the venue running smoothly by handling all bar & lounge functions, managing resources and employees by creating a safe, fun environment for staff and guests. You will advise and train the staff on how to make alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages and food pairings for bar patrons, interact with guests, and create a memorable experience for guests. You are a beverage expert, responsible for fostering and developing an exciting, positive, results-based environment. You will act as an advocate for the bar/lounge, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and welcome all guests.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of one or more bar/lounge outlets.
- Act as the floor manager on duty, assisting all facets of the front of host including hosting, food running and serving.
- Organize daily line-up and conduct pre-meal.
- Ensure that drinks are expedited in a way that ensures efficiency in production for the service well and for bar guests.
- Make every effort to accommodate special requests for guests.
- Coordinate seasonally appropriate cocktail changes to create a diverse cocktail list that is consistent with the bar/restaurant concept and standards of quality.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of: all liquor brands, beers, wine, and non-alcoholic selections available in outlets, the particular characteristics and description of wine by the glass and major wines on the wine list, designated glassware and garnishes for drinks, all menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, presentation and prices.
- Effectively communicate the philosophy of the program to the bar/restaurant team and ensure that standards are upheld at all times.
- Uphold systems and procedures to maintain consistency behind all bars relating to garnish and juice prep, equipment maintenance, proper storage of liquor, inventory procedures, setup and breakdown, opening and closing duties.
- Make sure that all employees are properly cashed out, there are no open checks, and all cash is balanced and accounted for.
- Plan promotional events to maximize revenue generating opportunities, implement strategies for continuous financial improvement.
- Communicate with management regularly.
- Actively participate as a member of the leadership team, attend all relevant departmental meetings.
- Maintain budgeted costs for the department.
- Maintain a cost-effective and appropriately diverse selection of liquor, beer, and wine.
- Responsible for all liquor, wine, and beer ordering as well as produce ordering for the bar’s needs.
- Responsible for inventory management, cost control, vendor relations, procurement of allocated spirits, and curating the cocktail list as well as non-alcoholic beverage list.
- Maintain par levels for bar supplies, liquor, and beer, completing requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for anticipated business while maintaining cost control percentages.
- Monitor service staff appearance and take action as necessary.
- Provide guidance, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff. Create a safe and positive work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Ensure that servers and bartenders have and maintain a comprehensive cocktail and food menu knowledge, and that they are properly certified as required.
- Ensure staff maintains consistent quality standards for all drinks.
- Address complaints from staff and resolve problems, involving People + Culture Department when necessary.
- Assist in filling open positions with qualified internal or external candidates.
- Schedule employees appropriately based on budgeted labor costs and business levels. Ensure the schedule is displayed/published promptly every week.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Kimpton’s policies and applicable laws.
- Conduct quarterly Kimpton Check-Ins with all direct reports.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE THEY’RE SEEKING:
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years of hotel/restaurant or related management experience; or equivalent combination of training and education. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Passion for creating and personalizing guest experiences. You’re highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to take initiative.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Advanced knowledge of wine, spirits, and mixology.
- Experience using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, POS systems, etc.
- Experience in implementing new beverage concepts, beverage costing, and budgeting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible schedule, able to work weekends, nights, and holidays when needed.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certification(s) if applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.