Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center is hiring a Line Cook.
- Coordinate all food orders between stations and food servers.
- Assist in directing and correcting the presentation and portioning of food for all banquet functions.
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Maintains the work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and safety regulations.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, dairy, and meat products.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper food handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, as required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
- Perform additional duties as the need arises
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of employees in the kitchen area.
- Ability to develop an effective working relationship with fellow employees and supervisors.
- 1-3 years of experience cooking in a restaurant, hotel, or resort
- Understanding of cooking methods and procedures, and knife handling skills
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy, speed, and attention to detail
- Ability to read and follow cooking directions
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized and self-motivated
- Must be able to stand, bend, stretch, and lift, and carry heavy materials
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Referral Bonus
- Voluntary benefits including accident, life and critical illness
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below or give them a call to find out more information.