Barrett’s Alehouse is seeking a Banquet Chef! Responsible for maintaining and ensuring that company culinary standard and operating procedures in all areas. Primary responsibilities are overseeing all aspects of banquet and catering culinary execution, assisting the executive chef in many other areas. In addition, she/he is also responsible for working closely with the executive chef to assure standards are being met in all other aspects of the culinary operation. Must work closely with executive chef in promoting a company’s culture, mission and philosophy as well as training and mentoring all culinary department and steward associates.
Essential Job Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills including delegation skills.
- Ability to meet budgets including labor, food and applicable direct operating costs.
- Must have manager food handler’s certificate.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
- Conduct hands-on teaching and training in kitchen and at events, working closely with chefs and cooks, as well as other associates as applicable who work in BOH, and help with food preparation and execution.
- Work with the executive chef to develop production methodologies to increase efficiency, productivity, quality and/or consistency culinary.
- Review banquet menu each week with the executive chef to discuss all details of events including menu, presentation, associate’s assignments, and logistics.
- Work with executive chef on on-going and quarterly menu development for our standard menus, internal menu tastings, and photo shoots as well as recipes developing.
- Be involved in all client tastings, executing tastings along with Executive Chef
- Thoroughly understand kitchen administrative flow. Assist executive chef in maintenance and upkeep of the system.
- Assist the executive chef in detailed planning and administrative work with special projects.
- Fulfill all administrative responsibilities of the executive chef as needed.
- 3 years in the fast pace banquet kitchen
- Ability to run multi-events at the same time
- 2 years as hands-on banquet sous chef
- Ability to organize the event from start to finish
- Three years senior level or Banquet Chef experience in the high-quality, volume-oriented environment.
- Culinary School graduate or related training