Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world. Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place. The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for quality management and legendary service hospitality.
This position is located at Mandarin Oriental Boston. Holding both the AAA Five Diamond and the Forbes Five-Star awards, Mandarin Oriental, Boston enjoys a coveted location in beautiful Back Bay. With a sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere, the hotel offers the perfect blend of luxury and style.
The Server Assistant / Backserver reports to the F&B Outlets Manager and the F&B Managers
The Server Assistant/Backserver maintains an organizes the dining room environment and clean stations and equipment which will be used to assist the service needs and requests. The Server Assistant should be able to anticipate guests’ needs and address them accordingly in order to provide guests with a delightful experience.
- Minimum of 1 year food & beverage service experience is required in an upscale establishment or hotel setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal) is required with excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work a very flexible schedule that will include early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to physically perform duties associated with this position such as: standing/walking for extended periods of time; able
- to lift/pull/carry/push up to 40 lb. boxes, carts, cases, trays, etc.
- Must be familiar with common food and beverage terminology and be familiar with various cooking techniques; prior experience with wines, specialty cocktails, craft beers, etc. strongly preferred.
- Prior luxury hotel experience strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual abilities preferred.
- Prior food and beverage experience preferred
- Experience in luxury hospitality preferred
- Knowledge of French cuisine preferred
Working with them means…
They are dedicated to delighting their guests and to delighting their colleagues. They are committed to becoming the best and they emphasize working together to achieve this goal. They support acting with responsibility.
Working with them means working harmoniously, respectfully, passionately, and towards personal growth. Working with them means that you will be personally valued. From the initial interview through the comprehensive orientation to the numerous Learning and Development programmes, they are committed to providing a Mandarin Oriental ‘Colleague Journey’ that exceeds colleague expectations.
Become a Fan of MO! Click the links below to learn more about them!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MandarinOrientalBoston?ref=ts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MO_BOSTON
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mo_boston/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MOHotels?feature=watch
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/mandarin-oriental-hotel-group/
Equal Employer Opportunity statement
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s colleagues to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.