Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world. Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place. The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for quality management and legendary service hospitality.
This position is located at Bar Boulud in Mandarin Oriental Boston. Holding both the AAA Five Diamond and the Forbes Five-Star awards, Mandarin Oriental, Boston enjoys a coveted location in beautiful Back Bay. With a sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere, the hotel offers the perfect blend of luxury and style.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will take full responsibility for his or her area. Working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to provide great food and service to the guests.
The Pastry Chef must be able to be a strong production person and also be mature and organized enough to handle responsibility. Able to work independently to serve guests and take care of parties.
The Pastry Chef reports to the Director of Food and Beverage. The positions of Pastry Sous Chef and Pastry Cooks will report to the Executive Pastry Chef.
- Responsible for all aspects of quality control standards from menu conception to presentation of dish and making the necessary adjustments.
- Order pastry and baking supplies and manage inventories to maximize quality and minimize food cost.
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen; apply all heath department guidelines, educate staff in procedures and policies, and report and follow up on equipment deficiencies.
- Schedule and manage staff to support both their service level commitments and manage based on labor costs.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all hotel departments to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
- Ensure awareness of trends / changes in the food industry, and continually develop professional knowledge and abilities.
- Follow and ensure compliance with all corporate, hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in hotel committees.
- This position requires full the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
- Perform any other function related duties and projects as assigned.
Working with us means…
They are dedicated to delighting their guests and to delighting their colleagues. They are committed to becoming the best and they emphasize working together to achieve this goal. They support acting with responsibility.
Working with us means working harmoniously, respectfully, passionately, and towards personal growth. Working with us means that you will be personally valued. From the initial interview through the comprehensive orientation to the numerous Learning and Development programmes, they are committed to providing a Mandarin Oriental ‘Colleague Journey’ that exceeds colleague expectations.
Become a Fan of MO! Click the links below to learn more about us!
Equal Employer Opportunity statement:
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s colleagues to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.